Re: moving a config file

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 12:08:01AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to move some conffiles from one directory to another in a package
> upgrade. Can I simply move it in the preinst? I suppose I will possibly
> have to create the target directory too unless I pre-depend on the
> package which would own it (not desirable).

This is how I do it (or better, my predecessor maintainer of the
package, but I changed that a little bit):

$ cat debian/preinst
#!/bin/sh -e

##$DEBIAN_SCRIPT_DEBUG || set -v -x

if [ "$1" = "upgrade" ] ; then
  if dpkg --compare-versions "$2" lt "0.1.6-1" ; then

    # move config file to new location
    if [ -e /etc/masqmail.conf ]; then
        if [ ! -d /etc/masqmail ]; then
            mkdir /etc/masqmail