Re: dpkg-buildpackage problem

Well, you could hack the Makefile.am or Makefile.in to install the conf files to ${DESTDIR}/${datadir} , or you could possibly try the following:
./configure (stuff) --datadir='${DESTDIR}/etc/X11'

Although, if the app itself uses the value of datadir (which is BAD, imo) this approach wouldn't be the best.

Levi

--
Levi Bard
levi@bard.sytes.net