Re: dpkg-buildpackage problem

> It's possible that the Makefile doesn't support DESTDIR, or that you're
> not using it right.
> debian/rules should have something like this:
> make install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp

well my debian rules looks like this
./configure (lots of stuff here) --datadir=/etc/X11

and the install block has this line
$(MAKE) install prefix=$(CURDIR)/deban/packageName/usr

everything installs into debian/packageName fine if I don't specify
the --datadir in the configure, but once I do it tries to install files
to /etc/X11

I tried also adding the your DESTDIR, but that didn't seem to produce
any results.

Thanks
--

Jay Graves