xeuklides/xeukleides

Hi,

I am not (yet) a developer and have indicated my intention to adopt the recently-orphaned package "xeuklides" to start the process of becoming one. In the process of making the simple changes to adopt it, I discovered that another package, xeukleides, from a subsequent upstream release, both provides and conflicts with my package. It seems to me that the original maintainer intended to orphan both.

For history see:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=162063&repeatmerged=yes I would like to adopt the package representing the program in active development, but it has not yet been formally orphaned. Any advice?

Streph Treadway