Re: problem replacing package

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 06:19:08PM +0200, Matus fantomas Uhlar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to compile some packages optimised for my processor. I have k6
> at home and pentiumII at work, and would like to speed up some programs
> running on those.

How about installing pentiumbuilder, configure it for k6 and do
apt-get source --build <package>

If you are satisfied, you can put <package> on hold and it does not get
updated automatically.

> I thought that if my package provides libogg0, it could be installed and
> replace libogg0 without any problems. What do I wrong?
The problem is you are providing a virtual package libogg0, which does
not work in all situations.

cu,
--
     Bastian Kleineidam