Re: problem replacing package

-> On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 06:19:08PM +0200, Matus fantomas Uhlar wrote:
-> > I tried to unpack libogg0 package, change its name to libogg0-k6, and add
-> > these to control file:
-> >
-> > Provides: libogg0
-> > Replaces: libogg0
-> > Conflicts: libogg0
-> >
-> > However, when trying to install this, i got some errors about other packages
-> > depending on libogg0, thus libogg0 was not removed, and my package was not
-> > installed.
->
-> That would require versioned dependencies on virtual packages (versioned
-> Provides:) to work, but they don't. You'll probably have to use
-> something like a high epoch instead.

Pardon? Does that mean there's no possibility to provide one package bye
another one, for other packages' dependencies to work? hmmm :(

And what do you mean 'high epoch'?

Thank you.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/