Re: pbuilder - root privileges? (was: Re: Orig tarball naming)

Paul Cupis <paul@cupis.co.uk> writes:
> On Sunday 18 August 2002 09:11, Marc Haber wrote:
>> ... I don't like building
>> packages as "real" root which pbuilder seems to need at the moment.
> Of course, I haven't actually tried this, but I see no reason why pbuilder
> couldn't be set up to not require root privileges.

I think you need root privileges to actually enter the chroot jail.
Other than that, it does seem like it should be possible to build the
chroot image entirely in a fakeroot world, but I remember having tried
this and failing.

	-- Abra Mitchell