Orig tarball naming

I have just prepared a new release of a package I am maintaining when I
noticed I had forgotten to rename the upstream directroy in the tarball.
Upstream calls the source directory "clisp". In the last release,
clisp_2.28.orig.tar.gz, the source directory was called "clisp-2.28". I
missed this somehow, so clisp_2.29.orig.tar.gz has the source directory
called "clisp". The package still builds, but I wonder whether this is
correct?