Re: architecture in script

itz> The package uses a generic name for one of its configuration
itz> files.  I want to create a symlink from the generic name to the
itz> correct (architecture-dependent) one.

Matt> So the package is architecture: all, but uses different
Matt> configuration files for different architectures?  What do you do
Matt> if you don't have a configuration file for a particular
Matt> architecture?

Matt> If this is the situation, it might make more sense to create an
Matt> architecture-dependent package containing the configuration, to
Matt> use the normal mechanisms for controlling which architectures
Matt> are supported.

Hmmm.  My package has actually been Architecture: any from the start.
Why'd you guys assume otherwise?  I have already changed it to do what
Colin suggested, but I am curious what would be so terribly wrong
about shipping all the files for all architectures (they are quite
small, and useful as examples).

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087