Re: architecture in script

itz> Hi, how can I easily determine the host architecture string in a
itz> maintainer script?  dpkg-architecture is in the dpkg-dev package,
itz> which I obviously cannot depend on.  I could massage the output
itz> of uname or arch, but that seems too ugly (and I don't even know
itz> what all the possible outputs are).

Matt> Your question has already been answered, but why do you need
Matt> this information in a maintainer script?

The package uses a generic name for one of its configuration files.  I
want to create a symlink from the generic name to the correct
(architecture-dependent) one.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087