Re: Debconf questions and purge

Jerome> A same kind of problem is likely to happen for the conffiles
Jerome> and other non-conffiles configuration files that I move from
Jerome> wwsympa to sympa and that are been removed in wwsympa postrm.

Joey> I'm afraid you're on your own there; dpkg does not deal with
Joey> shared conffiles well when the older package is removed I think
Joey> it removes the conffile.

Surely you mean "when the older package is _purged_"?

I have done "dpkg --remove oldname ; apt-get install newname" many
times on my system, and I think it works.

Of course, one has to know in advance a name change is afoot ..

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087