Re: Bug #148398 - cvs-autoreleasedeb: file /etc/cron.d/cvs-autoreleasedeb not registered

> My package (cvs-autoreleasedeb) creates its cron job in the postinst
> script, because it asks the user if it wants cvs-autoreleasedeb to be
> runned in cron. So, as the file is created in the postinst, it doesn't
> really belongs to the package.

How about including the cron job in the .deb, but making the run
conditional?

It could run a script, which sources /etc/default/cvs-autoreleasedeb, in
which you can put an exit 0 or something like that.

I'd vote for nuking the install-time question, and disabling it by
default, and noting in README.Debian on how to turn it on.