Re: Bug #148398 - cvs-autoreleasedeb: file /etc/cron.d/cvs-autoreleasedeb not registered

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 02:59:40PM -0300, Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> I received this bug report, and I'm a little confused of how to handle
> it.
>
> My package (cvs-autoreleasedeb) creates its cron job in the postinst
> script, because it asks the user if it wants cvs-autoreleasedeb to be
> runned in cron. So, as the file is created in the postinst, it doesn't
> really belongs to the package.

There are certainly other ways to handle it, as Gergely points out, but
it's not a bug as such. Policy explicitly allows for configuration files
in /etc that are not conffiles and so aren't in the .deb and aren't
listed in 'dpkg -S' output, so long as they follow the rules for how
configuration files must be handled.