Re: Sponsor wanted

Mark,

>   I'm looking for a sponsor for GtkBalls [1]. I have created initial
> packages [2], so please take a look at them and be as critical as
> possible. This is my first packaging, so is likely to contain mistakes.

The diff looks good to me, I will try to build the packages now (takes a
bit since I'm doing it on a 486 which has no X installed ATM, so the build
dependencies will take time installing).

Speaking of build dependencies: There is no libgtkhtml2-dev, I suppose you
mean libgtkhtml-dev. Also, leave out the shared library dependencies, for
two reasons:

 - If the maintainer of the shlib package thinks it is a good idea to have
   the library statically linked (happens sometimes with C++ libraries
   that don't have a stable API yet), he might still provide a shared
   library package for the people who need it but leave out the dependency
   from the -dev package to the library package so only the static library
   is available at build time.
 - If the library major version changed since the ABI changed in an
   incompatible way but there is still source compatibility (for example,
   an accessor function went from inline to virtual), your package will
   fail build dependencies, but might otherwise build fine.

   Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4