Re: how long does it take to find an AM

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 04:35:39PM +0200, Marc Leeman wrote:
> > I waited 6 weeks before AM assigned.  (I had advocate when applied.)
> > My AM does not yet contact me few days while I see his posting on ML.
> > But right after I moved to cue with AM, many people got AM.  Somewhat
> > random.
> > You can see this nm.debin.org/nmlist.php.
> > People are busy now due to maybe woody release, maybe World Cup, maybe
> > vacation , ...
>
> bof, I am still no the No Advocate list :) and my package is still in
> debian-limbo
>
> I mainly want to package the software because
> 1. I am interested in the package
> 2. I am interested in debian, the scripts and the QA rules
> 3. It's fun to contact upstream, pointing out a bug, hunting the sources
>    for bugs, ...
> 4. Being appreciated for the job done
> 5. I am applying deb devel to meet new ppl, and get their expert advice
>    on a number of things AND because I think that the software I am packaging
>    is so good that other ppl may want to use it without bothering to package
>    or destroying their software db.
>
> I think 5 is nice, but the ultimate reasons should be 1-3. I haven't
> read "For the fun of it" yet, but I certainly understand the title.

I think filing bugs with good patches and get to know with the active
package managers are good meeting place for NM applicant.  Waiting is
very ineffective.  Participating is the way to go. :)

For me, one of the DD told me to join before applying to NM because he
got sick receiving patch :) Just kidding.

Osamu