Re: how long does it take to find an AM

> I waited 6 weeks before AM assigned.  (I had advocate when applied.)
> My AM does not yet contact me few days while I see his posting on ML.
> But right after I moved to cue with AM, many people got AM.  Somewhat
> random.
> You can see this nm.debin.org/nmlist.php.
> People are busy now due to maybe woody release, maybe World Cup, maybe
> vacation , ...

bof, I am still no the No Advocate list :) and my package is still in
debian-limbo

I mainly want to package the sofware because
1. I am interested in the package
2. I am interested in debian, the scripts and the QA rules
3. It's fun to contact upstream, pointing out a bug, hunting the sources
   for bugs, ...
4. Being appreciated for the job done
5. I am applying deb devel to meet new ppl, and get their expert advice
   on a number of things AND because I think that the software I am packaging
   is so good that other ppl may want to use it without bothering to package
   or destroying their software db.

I think 5 is nice, but the ultimate reasons should be 1-3. I haven't
read "For the fun of it" yet, but I certainly understand the title.

--
       greetz, marc

BOFH excuse #186:

permission denied
pgp Key ID: 0xD3562DE1
     Key fingerprint = 890C E47F 1589 F240 9CC8  C60C 510A 63D3 D356 2DE1
Linux mykene 2.4.19-pre4 #1 Tue Apr 2 22:47:06 CEST 2002 i686 unknown