Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> Please try the following:
>
> create /etc/texmf/texmf.d/90xml with the contents
>
> ---------------------------
> pool_size = 250000
> hash_extra = 20000
> ---------------------------
>
> and run "update-texmf" (I assume you use the latest tetex-bin).
>
> In case of the doc source of xmlto, the problem of internal
> resource limit of TeX didn't happen, but it still failed like
>
> ---------------------------
>    End Grabbed content
>    <5:flow
>        0:flow-name = "xsl-region-body"  >
> ! Missing \endcsname inserted.
> <to be read again>
>                    \Odd:
> l.2 ...ntent><fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
>                                                   <fo:block><fo:block text-a...
>
> ?
> ! Emergency stop.
> ---------------------------

Yes I get the same thing.  However with your suggestion, I can make
passivetex work by itself now.  darkness.xml is one of the test files in
the passivetex distribution.  I did:

xsltproc -o darkness.fo darkness.xsl darkness.xml
pdfxmltex darkness.fo

and I got a 56 page pdf file.  The pages of the pdf are all blank but at
least I'm farther than I was before :)

> It seems that some auxiliary/converted files might be wrong
> but I couldn't find the files in the current directory nor /tmp
> How can I restore such files? or is this already enough for you?

This is darkness.aux

relax
\ifx\hyper@anchor\@undefined
\global \let \oldcontentsline\contentsline
\gdef \contentsline#1#2#3#4{\oldcontentsline{#1}{#2}{#3}}
\global \let \oldnewlabel\newlabel
\gdef \newlabel#1#2{\newlabelxx{#1}#2}
\gdef \newlabelxx#1#2#3#4#5#6{\oldnewlabel{#1}{{#2}{#3}}}
\AtEndDocument{\let \contentsline\oldcontentsline
\let \newlabel\oldnewlabel}
\else
\global \let \hyper@last\relax
\fi

Does that tell you anything?  The log file has several warnings like:

Warning: pdfxmltex (file ptmr8r): Font ptmr8r at 600 not found

does that explain why the pdf was blank?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>