Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX

From: Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>
Subject: Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:20:43 -0700

> For tetex case, I editted /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf from:

>   to something like

>  I welcome your constructive criticisms and corrections.

Well, please don't modify /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf directly ;)

You could get the same effect with creating
/etc/texmf/texmf.d/90osamu with the contents

hash_extra.context = 160000
pool_size.context = 3000000
pool_size = 500000

and run "update-texmf".

The direct modification to /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf will be lost
when tetex-bin or some related packages run "update-texmf"
in their postinst but the modification with
/etc/texmf/texmf.d/90osamu will/should be effective
at any time.
(This applies only woody, of course)

Best regards,			2002.6.19

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>