Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX

From: "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org>
Subject: Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:36:25 -0400 (EDT)

> Yes I get the same thing.  However with your suggestion, I can make
> passivetex work by itself now.  darkness.xml is one of the test files in
> the passivetex distribution.  I did:
>
> xsltproc -o darkness.fo darkness.xsl darkness.xml
> pdfxmltex darkness.fo
>
> and I got a 56 page pdf file.  The pages of the pdf are all blank but at
> least I'm farther than I was before :)

Well, I did the same and got a pdf with real contents.

> The log file has several warnings like:
>
> Warning: pdfxmltex (file ptmr8r): Font ptmr8r at 600 not found
>
> does that explain why the pdf was blank?

Perhaps so.  It seemed that pdfxmltex tried to find
PK ptmr8r font but it might be wrong, perhaps.

Have you installed tetex-extra?  I am not yet sure but
some package might be necessary in your system.

> > It seems that some auxiliary/converted files might be wrong
> > but I couldn't find the files in the current directory nor /tmp
> > How can I restore such files? or is this already enough for you?
> >

> This is darkness.aux

> Does that tell you anything?

Ah, sorry but I didn't mean real *.aux but some converted
files used in a process (I don't know the concrete suffix).

Generally, *.aux tells me nothing important in these cases.

Best regards,		  2002.6.19