Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> Well, I would like to know what is the problem before
> trying to help you...
>
> Does build fail or doesn't passivetex work well with
> xmlto?
>
> How can one encounter the problem?

xmltex convers XML Formatting Objects (FO) into PDF via TeX.  This problem
seems to occur with any file used as input.  I don't believe this is a
packaging problem though I would not rule that out.  What happens is some
internal resource limit of TeX is getting exhausted.  The last lines of
the log usually say something like:

  TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=67470].
  If you really absolutely need more capacity,
  you can ask a wizard to enlarge me.

Not being a wizard, that doesn't really help me much :)  The pool size
number varies sometimes.

synrg (Ben Armstrong) on IRC gave me a lot of guidance but unfortunately
passivetex still doesn't work so any help you can give would be really
appreciated.  Passivetex is the only DFSG-free FO processor out there.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>