Re: GPG Key question

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 12:07:56AM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Paul Cupis wrote:
> > So it looks like you can generate a revokation certificate for a particular
> > signature.
>   ^^^^^^^^^
>
> Yes, you can revoke a _signature_. But that was not the question. He
> wanted to remove one of his _uid_'s. And that is *not* possible.

Here's the effect of revoking the self-signature on one of my uids (this
is an old key, but the point remains) - output from 'gpg --list-sigs':

pub  1024D/4917A514 1999-12-31 Colin Watson <cjwatson@flatline.org.uk>
[...]
uid                            [revoked] Colin Watson <cjw44@cam.ac.uk>
[...]
uid                            [revoked] Colin Watson <cjw44@hermes.cam.ac.uk>

Also, the two revoked uids don't appear in the output of 'gpg
--list-keys'.