Re: Deleting a MySQL database in postrm

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 01:25:22PM -0400, Ari Pollak wrote:
> The standard way of storing the root password for MySQL is in
> ~root/.my.cnf.. It should look something like this:

> [mysqladmin]
> user            = username
> password        = password

> In any case, I don't think it wise to add/remove databases on
> installation/removal, that should probably be left up to the user to do
> - I don't think any package, including TWIG, which needs MySQL to run,
> installs a database automatically.

I've been quite pleased with the progress that the horde2 and imp3
packages have made so far in supporting automatic database creation at
package install time, and I also don't have a problem with deleting the
databases at purge time -- so long as the package asks before deleting!

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer