Deleting a MySQL database in postrm

    Hi ya,

I am currently trying to package RefDB, a bibliography database
manager. RefDB uses MySQL, so one thing that the package has to
do is to create/delete MySQL databases and users. For that, the
scripts need the admin password for the MySQL database server.
What is the best way to handle this potential security problem?
I do not find it suitable to store the password in the debconf
database, but the only way I see out of it is to ask for the
password in the postrm script.

Any ideas?

    Cheers,
    Marco