Re: Library package naming (and sponsor wanted)

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:

> Roger Leigh <rl117@york.ac.uk> immo vero scripsit:
>
> > One thing I'm not sure about are the Build-Depends.  dpkg-genbuilddeps
> > and 'dpkg-depcheck -b debian/rules build' both failed on my i386
> > (PIII) machine.
>
> pbuilder ?

I'm on a 56k dialup, so it's not an option :-(

> > Also, would anyone be willing to sponsor these packages while I am in
> > the NM process?  They are lintian-clean, and (I think) of good quality
> > (though you might not like my auto-generation of debian/control!).  I
> > took out the postinst and postrm for libijs-0.34 after I found that
> > debhelper now helpfully runs ldconfig for you (very nice!).
>
> I do have a few packages which auto-generates debian/control.
> I am starting to think that it doesn't really scale up, however.
> I'm inclined to use a "error-out-if-it-doesn't-match" approach
> (d-shlibs)

I'm only parsing `debian/control.in' with sed, to add
`-$(UPSTREAM_VERSION)' suffixes to the library packages names, so that
they are always correctly versioned, so I can't see it causing
problems, since the parsing is done within debian/rules.  I'm not
using yada or anyting like that.

Would anyone be willing to sponsor `ijs'?

Thanks,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh