Re: Looking for a sponsor for Ppower4

Hi,

Matthias Papesch writes:

> The way I solved it so far, is a
>
> Depends: java-virtual-machine, java-runtime|java2-runtime|j2re1.3
>
> which works for me, and which I was going to ask my sponsor, if this
> was all right ;-).

Fine by me.

> And this meant, right now the package would end up in contrib.

Since my main machine is an Apple Powerbook, this means that the
package can go into main, because the only packages providing
java-virtual-machine /on powerpc/ are kaffe and gij-3.0, which are
both free.

> However, ppower4 is supposed to run with kaffe, if this turns out
> correct, it could go into main.

This is one thing I will have to test.  Adrian also claims that the
package builds with gij.  We will see.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!