Re: Could anybody check my package?

Stephen Stafford <stephen@clothcat.demon.co.uk> writes:
> Are you sure that just depending on "python" is enough?  I have no idea if
> it is or not, but it seems a little slim to me.  The easy way to check is to
> build a chroot with *only* the base files installed (you can use debootstrap
> to do this easily), install python, and then install the sitemap deb.  If
> everything works as expected then you are good to go.  If not then you
> probably need more Depends.  It is entirely possible that a bare python is
> enough, I have not looked all that closely at the script to see what
> it uses.

I tried it out, and actually it only needs python. It works fine with
the current python version in woody, but I think I'll examine the
source or ask upstream for the exact version.

> If you were hoping to get it included in Debian, I would be happy to sponsor
> it for you after it has been cleaned up a little (and it only needs
> a little).

I have done everything you told me, as far as I can see. The new
version is in the same folder as the old one
(http://www.isotton.com/debian/sitemap/).

I want to package the 1.x (perl) versions of the same script as well,
as 'sitemap-perl', because both scripts can be used also as CGI but
not all hosts support python scripts. I want to test them together
before putting them into Debian. In any case yes, thank you.

> Have you had a look at the information on
> http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint?

Yes.

> Cheers,
>
> Stephen