Sponsored upload classified as NMU, what went wrong?

Hello,
I tried to take over maintainership for newsx, but the (sponsored)
upload (1.4pl6.0-1) was classified as NMU.

I really do not know what went wrong, I am listed as maintainer in
debian/changelog, debian/control and the dsc-file (In the version
available at ftp.debian.org). What did I forget?
        tia, cu andreas
PS: Please Cc me on replies.
PPS: Dinstall and autobuilders seem to be _really_ fast at the moment,
     the package was uploaded at ~1345 UTC, and is already available
     at the ftp-server for 8 architectures. :-)