Re: Need experienced perl module maintainer for a second pair of eyes on my package

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:11:30 -0500, Ardo van Rangelrooij
<ardo@debian.org> wrote:
>> Even which pure_install, the empty dir is created. I don't understand
>> the difference from pure_install to install anyway, the rules file of
>> the package I used as an example last year invoked pure_install.
>
>I found out why I don't have to remove empty directories manually: I'm using
>dh_movefiles.

I don't like that idea. I prefer installing everything and then
removing what is unwanted.

>By the way, you should proably comment out the "export DH_VERBOSE=1", otherwise
>the build is rather noisy.

Sure, that is only for the test. You'd probably have uncommented this
the first thing during your tests ;)

>Well, as fas as I'm concerned you can upload to the archive.

Thanks for your assistance. I really appreciate that.

>  welcome to the wonderful world of Debian packages. :-)

s/packages/perl packages/.

Greetings
Marc