Re: trouble with HTML changelogs and SGML catalogs

re: The changelog, policy 13.8 states it 'should' be made available as
changelog.html.gz. Since that seems inappropriate here, suggest you
follow the recommended procedure to produce a text version then compress
the text version.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 04:23:47PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> I'm currently in the process of making a package for the XML Resume
> Library:
>
> <URL:http://xmlresume.sourceforge.net>
>
> My current package is at:
>
> <URL:http://monk.verbum.org/~walters/debian/experimental>
>
> I have two problems with it.  First, lintian complains:
>
> E: xml-resume-library: changelog-file-not-compressed changelog 13585
>
> The upstream documentation comes as HTML, including the changelog.  Policy
> section 13.8 states that the changelog file must be compressed.
> However, the changelog is hyperlinked from other parts of the
> documentation; renaming it to changelog.html.gz would break those
> links.  What should I do?
<SNIP>

--
Gordon Sadler