Re: dh_suidregisted and potato/sid packages

Marc Haber wrote:
> I see. So I need to actually install a chrooted sid to be able to read
> the manpage. That'll take a few days until I get around doing so...

Um, the man page is available in the source package, by cvs, on any one
of the debian projects machines that are running unstable, etc. I belive I
explained the situation in my post to -devel-announce as well.

> >I think making such a package that could build under either sid or potato
> >would be pretty complex because you would have to add/remove conflicts
> >from the control file on the fly depending on which you were building
> >for.
>
> That sounds nasty, and it probably means that backports of other
> packages from sid|woody to potato are going to be awfully hard in the
> future. Right?

It affects a limited subset of packages: packages with suid binaries
that used to use suidregister.

Backporting is easy if you don't care if the backport has a suid binary
that is not suidregistered.

--
see shy jo