Re: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 01:02:57AM -0600, Scott Dier wrote:
> What about odd programs with breakage on non-x86 platforms?  What if I
> someday end up with a package like that, want to see it for myself, fix
> the problem, and send the patch upstream like a good developer?
>
> Having access to platforms I dont have locally (x86, ppc, m68k, i do
> have locally.  sparc, not yet) is a nice thing.

Having a build environment up there, access to some stuff including
being able to upload packages, some debian related web page...

Those were some of the stuff I've been wanting to do. Looks like you
have to be a maintainer to do a lot of things.

Regards,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr