Re: dpkg-genchanges cannot open upload file

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> I don't remember any tool building the debs in the debian/ subdirectory.
> If they do, I have never seen it leave them there. The .diff.gz,
> .dsc, .orig.tar.gz, .deb, and .changes should all end up in the build
> parent.

     The problem was a ridiculously simple error.  dpkg --build builds
the package in the directory named in the second argument.  If no
second argument is given, it builds it in debian/.  In all of my
rules files (derived from manoj's sample rules files) the second
argument is `..'.  In copying, cutting and pasting to make this new
rules file, I lost the `..'arguments.  While visually checking this
file, I overlooked the missing `..'.

                      Thanks for your response.

Bob
--