Re: Xlibs or Xlib6

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 09:53:03AM +0100, Christian Westgaard wrote:
> First I don't know why previous Changelogs has been removed:
>  http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/Debian2.2r4/ChangeLog (works fine)
>  http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/Debian2.2r3/ChangeLog (does not work)

It isn't removed, it's included in the newest changelog. The symlink
"Debian2.2r3", on the other hand, is removed, because it would be redundant.

> One of my package build machines both have:
>   dpkg -s xlibs
> and
>   dpkg -s xlib6
>
> shlibdebs chooses xlibs, but it seems newer distribs does not have xlibs?
>  http://packages.debian.org/stable/allpackages.html
>
> I'm trying to support both old and new Debian Distributions.

The xlib6 package is compiled against libc5, AFAIR, so this would mean you
would be supporting _very_ old Debian distributions :)

I think you want the xlib6g package, that's the good one from potato (latest
stable Debian).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.