Re: dpkg-reconfigure, policy, and least surprise principle

* Roland Mas

|   A hypothetical third hand would be holding this: the postinst first
| reads the master config file and shoves its values into Debconf, then
| asks the debconf questions, then updates the sourceforge.conf file
| with the new values from Debconf.  It sounds horribly messy, though,
| and I'm not sure it's doable without too much hackery.

This is the right way, though.  Note that unless the admin has asked
for it, previously answered debconf questions won't be asked again,
so you wouldn't bother the admin too much.

Look at suck or mailman for examples on how to do this.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Axiom #1: You Can't Win