Re: dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 12:20:40PM +0100, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> But just .. I have a problem for packaging glibwww and glibwww-ssl.
> glibwww is an addition for glib and can be compliled with libwww on the
> one hand and with libwww-ssl and libssl on the other hand from one
> source.
>
> So I will have four packages, glibwww1, glibwww-dev, glibwww-ssl1 and
> glibwww-ssl-dev from one source.
>
> Can anyone give me an advise to realise that?

Do the build-dependencies conflict? I don't see a libwww package so I can't
look for myself.

If all of the build dependencies can be installed at once (i.e. libwww and
libwww-ssl do not conflict), then you can simply have multiple build,
install, and binary targets. gnapster does something like this to build
binary packages with and without gnome support from the same source package.
You may want to take a look there.

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084

Memory is like an orgasm. It's a lot better if you don't have to fake it.
- Seymour Cray on virtual memory