Re: Upstream missing - what to do now

On Mon, 08 Oct 2001, idalton@ferret.dyndns.org wrote:
> Blarrgh. I adopted zicq/krolden earlier this year. Upstream has been AWOL
[...]

> I'm also unable (mostly due to skill level, but partly due to Literature
> class this semester) to even attempt to update the code. Should I simply
> re-orphan the packages, or given the assumed protocol problems and the
> lack of active upstream, ask for its removal?

<wears what="QA hat">
I'd suggest asking for its removal. I'm a former user of zicq, and when I
noticed the first signs of a sinking upstream, I've jumped the boat to other
text-based ICQ clients.

Since we have them in Debian, there's no need to have a broken and mostly
unmaintaneable package.  Should you find yourself with more time later, and
decide to become upstream to zicq/krolden, you are welcome to reupload it.
<\wears>

  Henrique Holschuh