Upstream missing - what to do now

Blarrgh. I adopted zicq/krolden earlier this year. Upstream has been AWOL
for months now; his website <http://www.crosswinds.net/~krolden/> appears
to no longer exist, and I have yet to see him connect on ICQ.

I *think* krolden needs a good protocol overhaul to be able to talk to
ICQ server. I'm lately been getting repeated messages, and it appears also
that some messages (both sending and receiving) are not getting through.

I'm also unable (mostly due to skill level, but partly due to Literature
class this semester) to even attempt to update the code. Should I simply
re-orphan the packages, or given the assumed protocol problems and the
lack of active upstream, ask for its removal?

--
Ferret

-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
classfield top-secret government restricted data  information project  CIA
KGB GRU DISA DoD  atheist  defense systems military systems  spy steal EMP
Microsoft terrorist Allah Natasha Gregori destroy destruct attack will own
send Russia bank system compromise  World Trade Center  international rule
the world  ATSC RTEM warmod ATMD  force Pentagon  power enforce  Bin Laden
Bill Gates sensitive directorate  TSP NSTD ORD DD2-N AMTAS STRAP warrior-T
presidental elections  policital foreign fnord embassy  takeover democracy