Re: lintian-warning copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> writes:

> It's referring to the string "Upstream author(s):", which shouldn't
> have the brackets there. Either there is one author, or multiple
> authors.

While I agree that a lintian warning is too much, the Gergely's
complain is valid.

FWIW, do we really need this field? It's fine for small packages which
have up to three authors. But what am I supposed to put in there when
I just don't know who the authors are. The other problem case is where
the group is so large that listing them all makes no sense.

Yes, you can cop out ... but does

  Upstream author(s): The XFree86 Project, Inc., et al.

really tell us something useful?

--
Robbe