Re: lintian-warning copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 02:10:18PM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 06:41:35PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:
> > > W: prips: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make
> >
> > I've run into that warning with my packages, too.
> > Is this really intended?
> > Is it a bad-thing (tm) to fill out the dh_make template?
> > i could not find this rule anymore in the lintian on the mips box i
> > just checked, btw. So maybe this is already removed.
>
> You can always find out more about a lintian message like this:
>
> $ echo 'W: prips: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make' | lintian-info

Sage advice, indeed.  However ...

> W: prips: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make
> N:
> N:   There is "Upstream Author(s)" in your copyright file. This is not a
> N:   fixed field name, it's just a default dh_make value. You should adjust
> N:   it.
> N:

... this "long description" is spectacularly uninformative!

Whoever is worrying about package descriptions should include lintian
and other "help" messages in their consideration.

-S

--
by Rocket to the Moon,
by Airplane to the Rocket,