Re: lintian-warning copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 06:41:35PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:
> > W: prips: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make
>
> I've run into that warning with my packages, too.
> Is this really intended?
> Is it a bad-thing (tm) to fill out the dh_make template?
> i could not find this rule anymore in the lintian on the mips box i
> just checked, btw. So maybe this is already removed.

You can always find out more about a lintian message like this:

$ echo 'W: prips: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make' | lintian-info
W: prips: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make
N:
N:   There is "Upstream Author(s)" in your copyright file. This is not a
N:   fixed field name, it's just a default dh_make value. You should adjust
N:   it.
N:

You can also run lintian with the -i (or --info) flag to print these
automatically.