Re: Packaging

ALLALI <allali@univ-mlv.fr> writes:

> In fact, it is used like Electric Fence...

(I know Electric Fence only by name, so I'm still guessing.) Do you
have to link your program explicitly with the trace library then?

In this case you need a -dev package, according to policy. That should
contain files necessary for compiling & linking, e.g. include files
and the .so symlink. The second lintian message warns you that a
package that is not a -dev contains this symlink.

Since you seem to have no include files you'd end up with a
package only containing the .so symlink, which is rather silly.
Therefore I think it is fine to ignore the rule. If you do that, you
should document it, though.

> W: mdb: library-not-linked-against-libc ./usr/lib/libmdb.so.0.1

You should correct this. Add "-lc" to the ld call (or use $(CC) for
linking).

> W: mdb: non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink usr/lib/libmdb.so.0.1
> usr/lib/libmdb.so

See above.

> W: mdb: postrm-calls-ldconfig

You should really rely on debhelper for the ldconfig calls, like I
mentioned in my last msg. This will get rid of that warning.

--
Robbe