Re: Packaging

ALLALI <allali@univ-mlv.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>     I've made a little Memory Leak Traker and I'd like
> to package it for debian.
> Here is a description of files:
>     libmdb.so.0.1    -->  The library that redefine malloc, free, .....
>     gdb_pilot           -->  A binary used by the library.
>
> I try to make the package using Debian New Maintainers' Guide,
> for dh_make I say that my package is a single binary, and I
> think now that was not the right choise.

I'm assuming that nobody will link to that library directly, but that
you LD_PRELOAD it or similar. If that is correct, a single binary
package looks fine.

> In the postinst I put a "/sbin/ldconfig" in configure
> In the postrm I put a "/sbin/ldconfig" in remove.

debhelper (dh_makeshlibs) will take care of this if you have DH_COMPAT
>= 3.

But you haven't mentioned what your actual problems are. Is no .deb
produced? Does lintian complain? Does installing the package nuke your
system? etc.

--
Robbe