Re: Lintian error: depends-on-essential-package-without-using-ve

On 27-Aug-2001 Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 11:06:41AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>>
>> my @bashism_regexs = (
> ..
>>                 );
>>
>> This is the array of regexes I test Debian scripts against in lintian.  it
>> is
>> not all encompassing but it catches most of the egregious ones that bash
>> allows
>> and which the manpage does not clearly define as bash extras.
>>

> This looks useful.  How can I apply it as a stand-alone tool?  It'd be
> useful to be able to run it directly against the script rather than having
> to the create the deb file for lintian to test against.  I would imagine it
> would be useful to add to the bash package, too.

look at /usr/share/lintian/checks/control-files.  Basically read in a line, run
the regex on the line.  If it matches print a warning.  There is some extra
logic to protect HERE documents and the like, but it is pretty unsophisticated.