Re: Lintian error: depends-on-essential-package-without-using-ve

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 11:06:41AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> my @bashism_regexs = (
..
>                 );
>
> This is the array of regexes I test Debian scripts against in lintian.  it is
> not all encompassing but it catches most of the egregious ones that bash allows
> and which the manpage does not clearly define as bash extras.

This looks useful.  How can I apply it as a stand-alone tool?  It'd be
useful to be able to run it directly against the script rather than having
to the create the deb file for lintian to test against.  I would imagine it
would be useful to add to the bash package, too.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A