Re: Making multiple packages from source.
Philipp Frauenfelder wrote on Tue Aug 21, 2001 um 01:38:35PM:
> I guess he wants to build a
> package and a
> package as it was done with libc6 some time ago.
I guess too, but the foo-i686 would cause Grave-Bugs soon. But there is
another issue: I considered to create a special optimisation branches
for specific CPU types using the following concept:
- Packages are recompiled with specific optimisations and get a version
number like 0.5.1-4.athlon.1.
- Optimised package are stored in a different, apt-able directory
- All packages depend on so-called key package, ie. on "opt-athlon"
- "opt-athlon" itself is not apt-able and must be installed by the user
manually. Once installed, apt would fetch the optimised packages.
- "opt-athlon" contain also a script, which allows the user to remove
all optimised stuff. This is simple done by searching in apt's lists,
removing the .athlon* extension from the version number and invoking
apt-get install package=version package=version. I imagine something
like: apt-get install `opt-downgrade --non-optimised`
(and the script will insert the right version numbers).
Does anyone mind if I start implementing this?
Space Cadet wrote:
> wird jetzt aus meinem 100%-WindowsNTkompatiblen, 100%-absturzsicheren
> Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 (ist übrigens auch Freeware) entfernt.
So ein Glück aber auch. Spart den Eintrag im Killfile.
(Jörg Fischer in dcoulh)