Re: Making multiple packages from source.

#include <hallo.h>
Viral wrote on Tue Aug 21, 2001 um 02:29:25PM:

> I need to build an i386 version of a package, and also an i686 optimised
> version for the same package. Is it possible to build both packages from
> one source, instead of doing it twice in two different directories ?

Please don't do this. A package must be useable on any machine with an
x86 CPU, so (hypotheticaly) on an old i386. Your program may change the
i386 routines to optimized version at run-time. Or you create two
packages (or two binaries in the package) which are selected by a
wrapper depending on the current CPU.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--