Help needed making a collection of fonts into a .deb

Hello everyone. I'd like to make a Debian package out of about thirty fonts of mine. I read the "Debian New Maintainers' Guide" at http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/, but I am still pretty unclear about how to proceed as that document is tailored for making Debian packages out of programs. Since there will be no compiling for my fonts, it seems that I won't be running dh_make, or editing any makefiles. However, these seem to be fairly critical steps.

Also, there appears to be a program called dh_installxfonts with fairly minimal documentation. I assume that this program will be important to me at some point, but I have no idea when.

I would guess that I have to perform at least these steps:
	* collect my fonts into a directory, or maybe a tarball
	* make "control", "copyright", and "changelog" files
	* somehow specify that these fonts should go in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mattsfonts/
	* somehow specify that mkfontdir should be run, possibly in a "postinst" script
	* somehow collapse the whole thing into a .deb

A good person to help me might be the maintainer of freefont and sharefont, Christoph Lameter. Unfortunately, the email address given in the info about those packages is incorrect/out of date (clameter@waterf.org).

I have successfully installed (and used) these fonts on my own (Debian (potato)) system, and I'm familiar with unix in general, and Debian in particular, but I think I need a bit of guidance on this.

If there is anyone out there who would be well suited to give me advice, or some HOW-TO somewhere that outlines this, that would be fantastic.

All of the fonts are my own creations, and I've released them under the GPL, so there will be no licensing troubles.

Thanks in advance.

matt

If you're interested, the fonts are available at: http://www.theory.org/~matt/strthrwr/fonts/