Re: which gcc to use to build packages ?

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 08:41:09AM +0200, Sven wrote:
> I am a bit lost by the gcc and gcc-3.0 issue.
>
> which one of them should i use to build packages with ?

Use whatever gcc is by default and let each different architecture
decide for itself, unless you have really specialized requirements (in
which case you should talk to some porters first).

  Package: gcc
  Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <debian-gcc@lists.debian.org>
  Architecture: i386
  Source: gcc-defaults (0.12)
  Version: 2:2.95.4-5
   The default GNU C compiler for Debian GNU/Linux systems.
   .
   This is currently version 2.95.4 for this architecture (i386).