Re: modifying package config files with another package??

Hey there,
On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 12:31:59PM +1200, ben bodley wrote:
> another question i have.. we need to rapidly create multiple file
> systems.. is there anything like ghost for debian?? just put in a floppy
> and the system will download and configure straight from our archive??

You might want to check out this:

http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai

>From the author of FAI:

FAI is a non interactive system to install a Debian GNU/Linux
operating system on a PC cluster. You can take one or more virgin PCs,
turn on the power and after a few minutes Linux is installed,
configured and running on the whole cluster, without any interaction
necessary. Thus it's a scalable method for installing and updating a
cluster unattended with little effort involved. FAI uses the Debian
distribution and a collection of shell- and Perl-scripts for the
installation process. Changes to the configuration files of the
operating system are made by cfengine, shell and Perl scripts.

I am not sure if I understood you correctly and I hope
this'll help you.

so long...

David
--
  __          _              | David "netzwurm" Spreen      Kiel, Germany
 / _|___  ___| |__  __ _ _ _ | http://www.netzwurm.cc/      david@spreen.de
|  _/ _ \/ _ \ '_ \/ _` | '_|| gnupg key (on keyservers):   C8B6823A
|_| \___/\___/_.__/\__,_|_|  | CellPhone:                   +49 173 3874061