Re: packaging HTML, CGIs, etc.

Tollef Fog Heen wrote on 010716 12:47 +0200:

> | > reasonable
> |
> | What is our policy regarding /var/www?  I sort of thought this was a place
> | where local sys admins could install their sites without worrying about
> | bumping into packages.
>
> from Debian Policy, 12.5. Web servers and applications
>
>      3.   Web Document Root
>
>           Web Applications should try to avoid storing files in the Web
>           Document Root.  Instead they should use the
>           /usr/share/doc/<package> directory for documents and register the
>           Web Application via the menu package.  If access to the web
[...]

OK, I decided now to put the package files into
/usr/share/doc/openwebschool and put a line like
Recommends: www-browser | httpd
in the control file.

How do I register this package via the menu package?
I couldn't find a reasonable section and entry for "command" in
menu.txt.gz.

Michael
--
mw@miwie.in-berlin.de                              http://www.miwie.org